Preschool Classes (3-5 years)
Bear Cubs, Hummingbirds, Stars, and Big Horns
At KidsLife Child Development Center, we know that the early years are essential to a child’s overall development. In our preschool classes, your child is cared for by trained and dedicated teachers, who form positive and responsive relationships with each child individually. By building a bond with each child and developing a trusting relationship, learning and development flourishes!
Our program provides a nurturing and stimulating classroom environment, with fun and educational toys and activities that are developmentally and age-appropriate. Children are provided opportunities to participate in classroom learning centers, including language and literacy, math, science, art, dramatic play, blocks, music, movement, and varying lesson themes. Through quality one-on-one time and thoughtfully documented observations, teachers can provide an emergent, as well as immersive, play-based learning experience built around your child’s unique personality, interests and developmental needs and levels.
Daily activities for our preschoolers include:
• Quality time with their teacher’s undivided attention to build healthy and responsive relationships, and help each child develop good self-esteem, communication skills and confidence.
• Time to explore and discover their environment, providing hands-on opportunities for learning.
• Interaction through play to encourage social and language development.
• Large and small group time to promote cooperation, group participation and active listening.
• Opportunities to stimulate and encourage learning through senses.
• Developmentally appropriate art, math and science activities to foster creativity and cognitive skills.
• Physical development through age-appropriate activities, as well as time to play and explore in both our indoor and outdoor play areas.
• Healthy snacks and family-style meal times, when teachers can interact with your child, foster self-help skills, and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
• Reading and writing preparedness through activities promoting letter and number comprehension, listening and speaking, writing and drawing, and phonological awareness.
We offer a child-friendly, Christian-based introduction to the New and Old Testaments, as well as foster spiritual development through praise and worship using Bible stories and songs. Our classrooms model respect and value for each individual, and encourage an atmosphere of gratefulness for all of God’s creation.
Family is an integral part of a child’s overall development, making our partnership with you a vital piece of our program. Our school embraces similarities and differences between individuals, and helps children develop an understanding and appreciation for themselves, their families and their community.
Our teachers use HiMama, an interactive online tool that captures and shares your child’s development every step of the way. You’ll see your child’s daily activities and lessons, as well as important information and communication. On HiMama, you can follow your child’s developmental milestones and enjoy photos and videos, never losing those memories or missing precious moments.
“Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.”
Proverbs 22:6 NLT